Quick Tomato Soup
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 2 14.5 oz cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 46oz Tomato juice
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 TBS ground pepper
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ cup heavy cream 18%
- To begin, dice the onion. Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven, add onion and cook until translucent. (approx. 2 minutes)
- Add cooking sherry and reduce by half (approx. 5minutes)
- Add in the diced tomatoes and tomato juice, and stir to combine
- Add sugar. Add more if tomatoes are still acidic
- Next, add 2 chicken bouillon cubes and stir
- Add ground black pepper.
- bring to a boil
- Turn off the heat
- Stir in the cream. Add the basil and parsley and stir.
- Use an Immersion blender to make a creamy smooth soup.
Tomato soup is perfect for lunch. Pairs well with a grilled cheese or fresh bread. Make this soup in 30 minutes.